Message from the CEO
This week brings me to my seventh week as the Chief Executive Officer for Paramount College of Natural Health. I was delighted to accept this position for three significant reasons; First I have great respect for the new owners from Farmergroup (Greg Farmer and Sean Farmer) as businessmen with integrity but also for their commitment to providing a quality student experience. Paramount College of Natural Health is now part of a much larger and successful education group owned by Farmergroup – Pragmatic Education Group. Second, this position brings me back to my core career passion around exercise, nutrition, health and medicine. Third this opportunity is one that enables me to engage all the skills and expertise that I have developed over my career related to leadership, researcher, academic, author and businesswoman. I am located in Melbourne in the Bourke st Office but will be at the Perth Campus each month for a few days. I look forward to meeting students and staff at these times.
Over these past seven weeks we have developed the initial stages of our five-year strategic plan; a plan that is focused on a wonderfully exciting vision where we aspire to be:
- recognised as Australia’s leader in the delivery of undergraduate Natural Health and to be ranked in the top two institutions for domestic and international students in this field.
- considered a benchmark institution within and beyond our fields of expertise for student engagement, student centred learning and technological innovation
- a global leader in evidence-based practice that provides transportable student attributes that enhance student outcomes in a dynamic contemporary world. To prepare students to be global citizens
- sustainable in all practice and operations
- respectful of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, lands, culture and to encourage ATSI students for the achievement of educational outcomes comparable to all other Australian students
I look forward to sharing more components of the Strategic Plan as they unfold.
The priority for us as a management group was to address the desperate need for an upgrade of all resources; I am sure you will have noticed some of these smaller changes such as new signage and classroom furniture. Most exciting however is the securing of a new premises for the campus in the Perth CBD (228 Adelaide TCE). This brand new, purpose built campus will provide:
- Professional, fully equipped clinical rooms for student clinics
- The latest innovation in interactive and engaging online learning and support
- Spacious and comfortable student lounge
- Classroom laboratories equipped with the latest, leading edge equipment
- A commitment to student centred learning offering the highest quality student experience
- Student opportunities close to public transport in the CBD, including free transit zone bus stop at the campus door
There is extensive fit out and refurbishment taking place at Adelaide TCE with the aim for the college to move from the campus in Malaga to Adelaide TCE during Semester 2 2018.
In addition, we will be moving the online learning to Brightspace which is a much more powerful and interactive platform. We are in the process of migrating and updating some first-year online modules that will be delivered at the August intake this year. The majority of all online modules will be available on Brightspace by Semester 1 2019. Students and staff will all be given training opportunities to manoeuvre through and make the most of this learning platform.
I will be keeping everyone posted on the developments and wonderful opportunities we will be providing to our staff and students over the coming five years.
Dr Shona Bass
Chief Executive Officer
News and Events
- Congratulations to Petina Beckman (winner) and Kerrie Rowe (runner up) for the Brad Rieniets Scholarship 2018
- Academic Board has approved a change in nomenclature – that “Module Outlines” will be changed to “Unit Outlines” for the commencement of Semester 2, 2018
- Paramount College of Natural Health will have a stall at the Everywoman expo in Perth from the 15 to 17 June
- The next Paramount College Open Day will be xx
Shona Bass CEO will be at Malaga 30 and 31 May